Section 1 - Application
This Regulation applies only to bargaining units for which the Treasury Board is the employer.
Section 2 - Objective
This Regulation provides direction on:
- submission of USGE’s bargaining proposals;
- prioritization of those proposals; and
- selection of USGE representatives to the PSAC Regional Bargaining Conferences.
Section 3 - Procedure
USGE Input Call
- Upon notification by the PSAC of an input call, the National President shall initiate the following procedures.
- Each Local Standing Bargaining Proposal committee shall be provided with a copy of the PSAC program of demands along with a covering letter giving the deadline for submission of bargaining demands and the location, date and time of a USGE Regional Bargaining Committee Meeting.
Consolidation of Regional Demands
- Each committee shall review the PSAC program of demands; membership experiences with existing contract language; bargaining proposals submitted by members; and then determine the demands to be put forward to the National Office. Each proposal shall include a complete rationale and shall deal with a single topic.
USGE Regional Bargaining Committees
- for the purpose of this Regulation, the five regions shall be: Atlantic; Quebec; Ontario; Prairies, Northwest Territories and Nunavut; and British Columbia and Yukon.
- Following the deadline date, the National Office shall consolidate the bargaining demands received and provide a copy of their region’s demands to the Locals, Sections and delegates.
- The expenses of Local and Section delegates shall be the responsibility of the sponsoring Local or Section. National Executive Officers shall have their expenses paid by the National Office of USGE and shall be considered as delegates within their own respective bargaining units.
Regional Bargaining Committee
- A USGE Regional Bargaining Committee shall be conducted in the region when there are more than five delegates registered to attend prior to the deadline for receipt of applications. In the event that a USGE Regional Bargaining Committee is not held, any bargaining demands received from that region will be forwarded to the USGE National Bargaining Committee for consideration.
Regional Demands Report
- The Regional Bargaining Committee shall select and priorize bargaining proposals and shall elect delegates and alternates to the Alliance Regional Bargaining conference.
USGE National Bargaining Committee
- Following the meeting, the Chairs of the Regional Bargaining Committee shall prepare a report of the deliberations to be distributed to each Local and Section that submitted bargaining demands and to each delegate from that Region.
Distribution of USGE Proposals
- Upon receipt of the Regional Bargaining Committee reports at National Headquarters, a National USGE Bargaining Committee shall meet to examine the bargaining proposals submitted from each Regional Bargaining Conference to establish and priorize the USGE bargaining proposals.
- The National Office shall distribute to all Locals and Sections the USGE bargaining proposals and the names of the USGE delegates and alternates to the PSAC Regional Bargaining Conferences.
Enacted August 19, 1986
Amended January 23, 1991
Amended February 27, 1996
Amended October 3, 2002
Amended February 8, 2006